Free School Meals
Free School Meals support children to make sure they have a full healthy meal at school every day. However, this is not the only reason it is important that you should apply if you think your child could be eligible.
For every child at our school that is registered as a receiver of free school meals, our school receives significant additional funding through the pupil premium scheme that can be used to provide additional services for your child. As a result, by registering your child for free school meals, or even by checking to see if you could be eligible, you are supporting your child’s school and their education.
In addition, by registering your child for free school meals, you also ensure that they would be eligible to receive additional support outside of school time. For example, free school meal vouchers during school closures where applicable.
We believe that it is important that every child and every family receives the support they are entitled to and we ensure, as we are obligated to legally, that every child can remain anonymous in their reception of free school meals.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
How to Apply
To apply, please download and print the form below, or pick up a paper copy at the school office. Once the form is complete, please return it to the main Reception or Student Reception.
You only need to fill out this form once unless your circumstances change. Your eligibility will review at least every six months by the school.
Please supply your child with a packed lunch or top up their ParentPay account until we let you know if your application has been approved.
Free School Meals in Secondary gives your child up to £2.60 to spend in the canteen as well as a free blazer, tie, and skirt or trousers upon starting at the school.
How we Confirm Entitlement
The information in this form is checked against records held by Oxfordshire County Council.
If we cannot confirm your entitlement through this process we will ask you to provide up-to-date evidence of the benefit you receive, normally the official documentation of the benefit.