Home School Agreement
This is signed on an annual basis in the student planners.
We acknowledge our responsibility to support parents in their task of nurturing their children towards human wholeness within a Christian community. Therefore, we will:
- Provide a friendly welcome to your child and a secure, stimulating, Christian environment in which to learn
- Ensure that your child is valued for who he/she is and helped to make good progress in their spiritual, moral, emotional and academic development
- Treat your child with the dignity and respect they require, encouraging them to full human wholeness
- Demonstrate our faith and our school's foundation in the teachings of Jesus Christ, by what we teach and the way we live and worship in our school
- Do our best to provide the best possible education we can for your child and enthusiastic teaching rooted in our beliefs, our values and our skills
- Provide you with information about your child's progress and provide you with opportunities to talk to teachers
- Keep you well-informed about school policies and activities through regular letters and newsletters
- Set, mark and monitor homework suitable to your child's needs
- Send home an annual report of your child's progress
- Contact you if there is a problem with your child's attendance or punctuality
- Inform you of any concerns regarding your child's behaviour, work or health
- Challenge your child to strive for the highest standard of personal, social and intellectual development and aim for excellence in all that they do.
I acknowledge the different and unique talents which God has given me and my responsibility to use them wisely. Therefore, I will:
- Attend school regularly and on time
- Wear the school uniform and bring all the equipment I need every day
- Take care of all school equipment and help keep our school free from litter
- Learn something new each lesson and always do my best
- Share my feelings honestly and politely and show consideration for others in school
- Behave sensibly so we can be happy and safe as we learn
- Try to think for myself and take responsibility for my actions
- Observe all school rules and treat everyone with the respect they deserve.
I/We acknowledge that we as parents are the primary educators of our children and have an irreplaceable role to play in supporting our children's learning at school. Therefore, I/we will:
- See that my child attends school regularly, on time and suitably equipped.
- Inform the school of any concerns or problems that might affect my child's work or behaviour
- Support the Christian values of the school community by showing respect for all
- Give my child opportunities for home learning and support homework from school
- Ensure my child wears school uniform and brings the correct equipment to school
- Support the school's policies and guidelines for behaviour
- Attend parents’ evenings and discussions about my child's progress
- Encourage my child to be enthusiastic about learning and to enjoy school
- Encourage my child to show kindness and consideration to others
- Talk to my child about their experiences in school and encourage them to do their best
- Support the Catholic community and the school governors in their responsibilities for maintaining the school buildings in good repair.