At Greyfriars, we try to ensure that uniforms are affordable and easy to buy. Most items can be bought from major retailers at a low cost.
Our uniform is compulsory for all students going into years 7 to 11.
Please note that all those items marked with * must be purchased from our nominated uniform supplier, Stevensons, detailed below.
- A black blazer*
- Red school tie*
- A white shirt/blouse
- Either tailored black trousers, or a black school skirt. (No stretchy, denim material will be permitted.)
- Plain black shoes or completely black leather trainers (no fabric or colours)
- A grey v-necked school jumper. This is optional and can be worn under the blazer, but not instead of a blazer
- Black / grey socks or black tights.
- Religious dress can still be worn but must also include a white shirt, school tie and a school blazer must be worn. Headscarves/hijab must be in keeping with school colours of black or grey
- A PE T-shirt - black and red*
- Black PE shorts or joggers
All items should be clearly marked with the student’s name. This allows us to return any lost items and avoids you having to pay to replace them.
- Trousers should be plain black and tailored. No fashion extremes will be tolerated (denim, tight, stretchy, low rise, chinos, jeans, linen, leggings or cropped)
- Plain black, leather-look shoes or leather-look trainers that have a black sole and contain no other colour. We have made this decision as we know leather-look trainers can be comfortable, affordable and worn out of school.
- Strictly no hoodies or tracksuit tops are permitted.
- Coloured t-shirts are not permitted under shirts – they don’t look smart.
- Obvious make-up and nail varnish is not permitted.
- False nails of any type are not allowed in school due to health and safety reasons.
- No jewellery is permitted except a watch and/or crucifix and one stud in the lobe of each ear.
- Hair must be kept tidy and of an appropriate length and extravagant hairstyles are not permitted.
- Hair should be of a natural colour.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in school. If they are seen or heard they will be confiscated. Please read the mobile phone policy.
For Greyfriars personalised uniform items, please visit Stevensons our nominated supplier: